What Is Coaching Anyway?
I employ the life coaching model developed by Dr. Martha Beck, author of Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live, Steering by Starlight, and Finding Your Way in a Wild New World: Reclaiming Your True Nature.
I initially began the coaching program to help myself. I’d been struggling with suicidal depression, anxiety, and a chaotic life in the 5 years after my cancer diagnosis – quitting my job, going bankrupt, friends dumping me, losing a house and car, moving out of state, separating from my husband and moving back. Things had been really crazy as I tried to figure out what I wanted from my life, where I wanted to be and who I wanted to be.
I’d read every self-help book available, but couldn’t focus enough to apply any of them to my life. I needed hands-on skills that I could learn, practice, and apply.
Midway through the course, I found the tools so applicable and immediately effective that I wanted to share them with everyone I know! I learned to calm my anxiety and constant ‘bouncing’ from one thing to the next and breathe so I could make decisions that rang true for me. I learned to deal with ‘I should’ and ‘I have to’ so that I could really do the things I want to do, not what other people want me to do. I learned to focus on my own needs and to take care of myself emotionally and mentally by creating boundaries, saying NO, and checking in with myself to do what’s right for me.
So I started working with close friends and other people I trusted to see what it would be like to help others. Turns out, I love it so much that I’m now helping other women who’ve been through the hell that is breast cancer!
I know how much a cancer diagnosis upturns your life – it wrecks everything you know, while the resulting treatments completely disconnect you from your body. I know what it’s like to hate what’s happening to your life, your body, your energy, your relationship, your friendships, your confidence and trust in God, The Universe, or whatever you believe in.
The way back to center and sanity is a gently sloping path that can be managed with love or with despair – you get to choose. It’s a hell of a lot easier to do with love, and with guidance.
My goal as a Resilience Coach is to help you:
- Learn to calm your fears and anxieties
- Release the shoulds and have to’s
- Work through and process your feelings efficiently
- Tap into your inner knowing to make the right choices for yourself
- Become your own support system
- Rebuild your life into the life you WANT
What Coaching IS:
- Empowering you to make the right decisions for YOU
- Teaching you how to release patterns that don’t work anymore
- Holding deep, compassionate space while you process emotions
- Helping you get clear on your desires
- Focusing on creating your future
- A partnership to help you get your life and body back!
What Coaching is NOT:
- Therapy or medical advice
- Drill Sergeant-ing
- Treatment for addictions, depression, or anxiety
- Advising and offering solutions
- Wallowing in how you got where you are
- Just another friend to vent your grievances to
So, how does it work?
If coaching sounds like something you want to try, schedule a free 30-minute consult to see if we’re a good fit for each other.
In our work together, we’ll get right to the heart of the thoughts and feelings that cause you pain, have you stuck, or otherwise make you feel like shit so you can get those out of the way and start move forwarding. Additionally, we’ll focus on getting back in touch with your body after so much physical and emotional trauma so you can figure out what you want and need, and make clear decisions so you can focus on your future.
Email me any time at email@example.com and I’ll respond as quickly as possible!